We are pleased to announce the
Civilization: The Way We Live Now Photography Competition
in partnership with Thames & Hudson publishers.
To celebrate the highly anticipated publication of Civilization: The Way We Live Now, by William A. Ewing and Holly Roussell, the Flowers Gallery are launching their own exhibition in honour of the book.
The exhibition Civilization will run from 7 November to 22 December 2018, and you can visit it to get inspired before sending us your best photos.
We would love to see how you capture civilization, the way we live in our planet now.
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
– Competition Theme: Civilization: The Way We Live Now
– You can participate with up to 5 Photographs
– Please name the files with your full name / place photographed / year) example: John Smith / London / UK / 2005
– Send your images to Lsp@LspTraining.co.uk in JPG format, resolution around 1280×1024 pixels
(the original file will be asked if you win)
– In your e-mail, write your Full Name, Full Address
and Mobile Number
– Deadline 31st December 2018.
– 1st Prize:
A Weekend or evening Photography Workshop at LSP + one book: Civilization: The Way We Live Now.
– 2nd and 3rd Prizes:
Book Civilization: The Way We Live Now.
To visit the Exhibition:
7 November – 22 December 2018
82 Kingsland Road
London E2 8DP
T: +44 (0)20 7920 7777
Winners will be announced in January 2019
Terms & Conditions
– Free entry
– Theme: Civilization: The Way We Live Now
– Accepting submissions from 1st November to 31 December 2018.
– Minimum age to entry: 18.
– Photographers from all countries and nationalities are
welcome to submit up to 5 photographs.
– Only digital (or scanned) images will be accepted and they must
be sent to Lsp@LspTraining.co.uk along with FULL NAME,
FULL ADDRESS, MOBILE NUMBER and E-MAIL of the photographer.
– Photographs must be sent in JPG format, resolution around 1280×1024 pixels.
– Editing software (i.e. Photoshop) use is permitted but must be kept
to a minimum (only cropping, contrast / saturation adjustments and
black & white conversion permitted).
Original file in HIGH RESOLUTION will be requested
from winners in order to receive the prize.
– Copyright: By entering the Competition,
photographers retain the copyrights of the images.
– Usage Rights: Winners’ images may be used for education
purposes and promotion of London School of Photography or
LSP Awards Competition (with credit given
to the photographer). It may be used in print and online at any time.
– Winners will be contacted by e-mail.
– To claim the prize, winners must provide full contact
details and high resolution (the original) files of the selected photographs.
– The Workshop Voucher is valid for 12 months. Vouchers are non-transferable.
– Courses & Workshops’ dates subject to availability.
– 1st Prize: A Weekend or evening Photography
Workshop at LSP + one book: Civilization: The Way We Live Now.
– 2nd and 3rd Places: Book Civilization: The Way We Live Now.
– The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
– For non UK or EU winners: LSP does not provide documents for
VISAS, LSP is not a Tier 4 sponsor for VISAS and does not
provide any letters or invitations with this purpose.
– LSP does not cover travel costs to London or accommodation
during the workshops. This is the awarded photographer’s full responsibility.