Photojournalism & Street Photography
This Workshop is available as:
4 Days, (Mon. Tues. Thu. Fri.) 10:30 to 16:30
2 Consecutive Weekends, (Saturday and Sunday) 10:30 to 16:30 or
1 Month, (4 Wednesdays) 10:30 to 16:30
MAX PARTICIPANTS: 8
Fee : £ 695.00
A picture is worth a thousand words. But what makes a good picture?
This workshop combines street photography and photojournalism to provide the foundations for creative journalistic thinking.
And also the mechanics and aesthetics of good photography in order to create engaging images and communicate to editors and the general public.
“Stare. It is the way to educate your eye, and more. Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long”.
Walker Evans (in a draft text to accompany the hidden camera subway photographs).
- Intro to photojournalism and News Photography
- Lenses and equipment
- The Power of Composition
- Photojournalism as a Medium
- Digital Photography for Publication
- The Photo Story, Learning to relate.
- A study of life and people
- Bresson and The Decisive Moment
- Urban Photography and Street Art
- Documenting History
- Markets, Street Performers
- The Eye-witness and The Concerned Photographer
- Ethics of Photojournalism
- The Editing Process & The Digital Darkroom
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further information