Food and Product Photography Workshop
(Level Required: INTERMEDIATE or a Good Knowledge of the Digital Photography Level 1 & 2 Syllabus)
4 Days, 10:30 to 16:30 ( Mon. Tues. Thu. Fri.), 2 Weekends, 10:30 to 16:30 (Saturdays and Sundays).
MAX PARTICIPANTS: 8
Fee : £ 745.00
The field of Food & Product Photography opens up a great number of possibilities for photographers aiming to extend their expertise and career opportunities. Commercial and Stock Photography is a demanding and ever changing market and keeping up with new trends is essential.
This workshop will look at the principles of Food & Product Photography, identifying some of the challenges and how to resolve them. It offers an in-depth research and practice on how different foods, textures and products respond to different types of light.
Each student will, in turns, act as photographers, assistants, prop designers & stylists – improving skills into every aspect that makes a great final image.
- Introduction to Food/Product Photography
- The principles of shooting food/products
- Lighting, using flash, hot lights, strobes and natural light
- Other equipment, umbrellas, soft boxes, backgrounds, props, etc
- Hero shots and how to dress/organise food/products visually with in a group shot
- Access and analyse trends & other Food/Product Photography
- Work on visually forming an idea before shooting and subsequently how to achieve it
- Post-Production work, retouching and image manipulation
- Design an advert or a magazine spread using the Food/Product images shot during the week.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further information