Sue Atkinson Food Photography Masterclass
Saturday 28th February 10:30am to 4.30pm
MAX PARTICIPANTS: 8
Fee : £ 345.00
In a progressively competitive market professional photographers are finding it increasingly necessary to specialise. One sector which appears to be fairly constant is in the representation of food. Despite the anticipated decline in the demand for books, the demand for cookery books continues to flourish, foodie magazines are still popular and food manufacturers are constantly seeking to improve the sales of their products via seductive packaging and advertising.
Through discussion of her own work Sue will introduce the three main fields of commissioned commercial food photography – editorial, packaging and advertising.
- Interpreting the brief – concept, “mood board” practicality and working to layouts
- Food as still life, cooked food and recipe photography
- Composite “life-style” and close-up techniques
- Selecting and control of lighting
- “Natural” food and Photoshop
- Ice cream and pizza – the myths exploded?
- Location Vs studio
- Who’s who in the studio
- The role of the food stylist
- Props and the props stylist
- What makes a good assistant?
- Workflow and the importance of the day book
- Working with an agent
- Pain and personal work
- Web sites, promotion and publicity